Making Faces: A workshop all about found object mask making.
Link to Register:Evenbrite
Over the course of 4 two hour meetings we’ll cover:
- a brief history of mask making
- global precedents of found object masks.
- the concept of bricolage
- ideas tied to wearable art
- possible modes of attachment and fabrication (mechanical, adhesive, sewn, welded, etc)
- *potential Saturday afternoon trip to the local junkyard(s) to source materials @ the start of the course.
At the end of the month long session, each participant should have a wider grasp on the cultural significance of masks, as well as a durable and wearable mask of their own design. (Just in time for Halloween!)
When: Monday’s in September 7-9pm. Starting Sept.9 (4 two hour workshops)
Class Limit: 6
This class is for: All Ages + Artists and Non-Artists alike
*This workshop grew out of a collaboration that came out of the Contemporary Austin’s Advanced Young Artists program. See also: Milk Plus Cookies Blog.